Imagine a world, where you could update your running systems as fast as Google. Successful implementation of DevOps concepts will help you get from ideas to execution way faster than before.
In many business areas, there are applications that need to be updated regularly in order to improve usability and achieve greater success. If, for example, a feature within a website needs to be further developed, the users from the operations team will first provide feedback to the developers. The developers will then make manual changes to the code and test it in several steps until it can finally be deployed. This is a very long and time-consuming process that can be accelerated by DevOps.
DevOps is a strategic approach that enables you to connect the activities of Software Development and IT Operations more tightly. Through more efficient collaboration and the regular delivery and rapid implementation of feedback, systems can be improved faster, more agilely and sustainably. To achieve this, various methods are used, such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). A CI/CD pipeline automates all steps within a development process - the newly developed codes are tested automatically (Continuous Integration), and an automated, continuous delivery of software versions is ensured (Continuous Delivery). Through automation, manual errors can be avoided, and updates can be provided more reliably, more frequently and faster.
Advantages of DevOps
- Continuous delivery of functioning software that meets individual requirements
- Increasing quality and avoiding downtimes by a fast implementation of changes with automated tests on a regular basis (Project Life Cycle Automation)
- Reduction of manual tasks to a minimum so that operations can focus on improving the platform
- More stable operating environments
- Easily portable to different infrastructures
- Easy to adopt multi-cloud vendors such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or on-prem
Cost Efficiency & Transparency
- Cloud: transparent cost structure with pay per use
- On-prem: leveraging containerization to make effective use of the infrastructure
- Cost optimization: automation requires less resources and increases employee efficiency
Ease of Use
- Self-service capabilities: availability of advanced tools for users
- Repeatable infrastructure and automated deployment processes: platforms and clusters can be (re-)built as needed
- Usage of infrastructure as code (IAC) and CI/CD
Data Governance & Security
- Improved transparency about the company’s data assets
- Central metadata management and collection
- Authentication and authorization as well as encryption to avoid data leaks
As a consulting partner to our clients, Adastra has successfully implemented DevOps automation in industry leading businesses, like car manufacturing companies and large financial institutes. Our projects prove: businesses operating on DevOps can reduce implementation and maintenance costs by up to 75 %, leading to higher quality output and a reduced time-to-market also in data-driven business processes.
Adastra can show you how to DevOps in Data Analytics. Our experts share their knowledge in workshops and develop a roadmap for your business how to effectively implement DevOps and help your business perform better across the board.
Want to know more? Let's talk.
We will contact you as soon as possible.